Dunster room reservations for the six function rooms (listed below) can be made online using the Room Scheduler. Rooms can only be reserved by Dunster affiliates and reservations are approved on an individual basis by the House Administrator. Please be sure to review the House policies and guidelines regarding room reservations prior to submitting your request form.
Please note that Quiet Hours for all of Dunster House are:
Monday through Thursday: 11:00 PM – 8:00 AM
Friday through Sunday: 2:00 AM – 8:00 AM
A list of the function rooms, and hours when the rooms are available for reservations are as follows:
|Junior Common Room (JCR)||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is allowed|
|Small Dining Room (SDR)||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
|E104||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
|E105||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
|E109||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
|W024||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
The person or organization making the reservation will be responsible for clean-up and for any damage to the room. Clean-up should commence immediately following the event. All trash must be appropriately disposed of and furniture returned to the original configuration.
The Dining hall use must be scheduled and approved through the House Administrator with a minimum of 3 weeks notice. If approved, the responsible individual must secure and fill out the necessary party forms for both Dunster House AND Harvard College. They must meet with the House staff to discuss use of the room, furniture moving, cleaning, etc. A $500 deposit is required.
Alcohol is not permitted in House common spaces except for pre-approved House events.
Outside photographers are not permitted to take photographs or film anywhere in Dunster or any Harvard undergraduate House, per University rules.
Hallway Common Rooms
There are common rooms and multipurpose rooms located throughout the house that are accessible to Dunster House students 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
Hallway Common Rooms: E306, E407, E417, W509
Multipurpose Rooms: W205, E507
House Library & Reading Room (W219)
The beautiful Dunster House library and the reading room are available to Dunster House residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- The library is for silent study only. (The dining hall and other common spaces are available for group study.)
- Non-Dunster students must be accompanied by a Dunster resident
- No food or drink in the library
- Nothing (including books) can be checked-out or removed from the library.
- Do not touch the musical instruments. Many of these are antiques!
Music Rooms (E027, E026, E025, E024)
There are practice rooms on the basement level of the House, each available for individuals to use 7 days a week. The pianos are tuned periodically.
Music Room Guidelines:
- To preserve the instruments and space, food is not allowed in the music rooms.
- Practice rooms can be used by any Dunster resident
- Rooms are available for individuals everyday during the school year. Rooms are normally locked by the security guard outside those hours. Nobody should occupy the rooms outside the normal hours even if the rooms are accessible.
- Hours are more limited during reading and exam periods.
- The rooms should be kept clean, and the door should be closed behind you.
Art Studio (W023)
The fully-stocked Dunster Art Studio is located on the basement level of the House, just next to the music practice rooms. To access the art studio, please contact the Resident Art Tutor Nirisi Angulo, at Nirisi.Angulo@outlook.com
Exercise Rooms and Squash Court
- The exercise rooms and Dunster Squash Court are located on the basement level of Dunster House
- The squash court is available to Dunster students between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. 7 days a week. First-come, first-serve.