Dunster room reservations can be made online using the Room Scheduler. Rooms can only be reserved by Dunster affiliates and reservations are approved on an individual basis by the House Administrator. Please be sure to review the House policies and guidelines regarding room reservations prior to submitting your request form.
Please note that Quiet Hours for all of Dunster House are:
Monday through Thursday: 11:00 PM – 8:00 AM
Friday through Sunday: 2:00 AM – 8:00 AM
Hallway Common Rooms
There are common rooms and multipurpose rooms located throughout the house that are accessible to Dunster House students 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
Hallway Common Rooms: E306, E407, E417, W509
Multipurpose Rooms: W205, W306, W404, E507
House Library & Reading Room (W219)
The Dunster House library and the reading room are available to Dunster House residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The library is for silent study only. (The dining hall and other common spaces are available for group study.)
- Non-Dunster students must be accompanied by a Dunster resident
- No food or drink in the library
- Nothing (including books) can be checked-out or removed from the library.
- Do not touch the musical instruments. Many of these are antiques!
The Dining Hall, the Junior Common Room (JCR, E101), the Small Dining Room (SDR, E 102) can be reserved, as can other rooms. The hours when these rooms can be reserved are as follows:
|Junior Common Room (JCR)||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is allowed|
|Small Dining Room (SDR)||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
|E104||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
|E105||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
|E109||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
|W024||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
The person or organization making the reservation will be responsible for clean-up and for any damage to the room. Clean-up should commence immediately following the event. All trash must be appropriately disposed of and furniture returned to the original configuration.
Dining hall use must be scheduled and approved through the House Administrator. If approved, the responsible individual must secure and fill out the necessary party forms for both Dunster House AND Harvard College. They must meet with the House staff to discuss use of the room, furniture moving, cleaning, etc. A $500 deposit is required.
Alcohol is not permitted in House common spaces except for pre-approved House events. Outside photographers are not to be given entry or permitted to take photographs anywhere in Dunster or any Harvard undergraduate house.
There are practice rooms on the basement level of the House, each available for individuals to use 7 days a week from 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM. The pianos are tuned periodically.
Music Room Guidelines:
- To preserve the instruments and space, food is not allowed in the music rooms.
- Practice rooms can be used by any Dunster resident
- Rooms are available for individuals 8:00 am-11:00 pm everyday during the school year. Rooms are normally locked by the security guard outside those hours. Nobody should occupy the rooms outside the normal hours even if the rooms are accessible.
- Hours are more limited during reading and exam periods.
- The rooms should be kept clean, and the door should be closed behind you.
- The exercise room at the house will be accessible between 6:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. 7 days a week.