Each December, the students elect two Co-Chairs, one Secretary/Treasurer, one Publicity Chair, one Administration Chair, and two Social Chairs, who serve from January to January. Dunster HoCo is responsible for the continuance of traditions as well as the institution of new ideas and practices reflecting the diverse and growing interests of the changing body of students. From the Goat Roast to House formals, HoCo helps to plan House-wide social events. Annual Dunster events include:
- Fall Hoedown: Celebrate the start of fall with music, games, food, and a petting zoo!
- Harvard-Yale Tailgate: Food, drink, and music all day at the Game.
- Winter Formal: A break from the pre-vacation grind to dance the night away.
- Super bowl Watch Party: Wings, Dips, Commercials (and football!)
- Freshman Welcome: A delegation of Dunsterites treks to Annenberg, complete with Moose suit, Dunster flag, and a Trojan Moose to welcome with t-shirts and other goodies the freshmen who have just won the housing lottery. Later they are welcomed back to the House for a celebratory ice cream bash!
- Goat Roast: A long-standing Dunster tradition. Stone tools provide a unique and educational preparation for a spring day of food, drinks, music, and games.
- Spring Formal: Dunster’s most elegant event. We bid farewell to graduating seniors and welcome the freshmen who will join us in the fall.
Other common activities include Stein Clubs, courtyard movies, candy grams, and seasonal cookouts. HoCo works all year to plan these and other events, and always welcomes new ideas, suggestions, and requests from students.
2019 House Committee Chairs
Hey Meese! Quick Harvard intro: junior, Dunster, Environmental Science and Public Policy. I spend most of my days bouncing between the 4th floor common rooms, the dhall, and having spontaneous dance parties with my roommates. My most recent obsessions are definitely Psych (the show) and words with friends (I realize how late I am to both of these trends). If I’m not here, I am probably at a CARE meeting or getting free coffee refills at Petsi’s. Fun fact: Beyonce knows my eight-year-old nephew (…yes, he’s way cooler than I am). Please come talk to me about HOCO, CARE things, House Blend coffee or literally anything!
Anne Marie Crinnion
Hi guys! I’m a junior in Dunster studying Psychology on the MBB track with a secondary in linguistics. You can find me in the dhall, the gym, or a study nook on the 3rd floor. When I’m not in Dunster you can find me teaching spin classes at the MAC. Fun fact: I had 5 wisdom teeth, so I hope to bring some extra wisdom to HoCo planning this year :) Feel free to reach out to me anytime to chat about HoCo, life, or why HUDS Greek lentil soup is better than the Turkish lentil soup.