Please see below for information on housing deadlines and eligibility requirements for winter recess and the spring 2018 term.
If you have questions, or intend to cancel your housing or apply for an Inter-House Transfer, set up a time to meet with the House Administrator, Rachel Barbarisi, by emailing email@example.com, and she can walk you through what this means for you, your roommate(s), and your future housing accommodations.
For comprehensive information on College housing policies, deadlines, and requirements, please visit the Office of Student Life website.
Winter Recess Housing Applications
- The Winter Housing Application is now open. This application is for students who have a need to remain on campus between December 20th and January 11th. All students are permitted back on campus beginning at 9:00 a.m. on January 12th for the start of
- Only students who are living on campus for both the fall and spring terms are eligible for Winter Housing.
- Winter Housing is separated into two terms: Winter I extends from December 20-January 2 and Winter II extends from January 2-11. Additional information and eligibility requirements for each session can be found here.
- The notification dates for approval/denial of Winter Housing Applications are listed below. For applications received after November 20th, a late fee will be assessed. No applications will be accepted after December 1st.
- To apply, please visit the housing portal.
- Please note there is no HUDS dining service during Winter Break I. HUDS will resume dining operations on January 3 at lunch-time. Meals will be served at Pforzheimer House and Quincy House.
- The Winter Housing Application is managed by the Office of Student Life. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Recess Housing Application Deadlines:
|Application Submitted||Late Fee Assessed||Decision Sent|
|On or before October 20||None||Friday, November 3|
|October 21 – November 10||None||Friday, November 17|
|November 11 – November 20||None||Friday, December 8|
|November 21 – December 1||$50||Friday, December 8|
Spring 2018 Housing Cancellation Form: Deadline November 6
- If you plan to cancel your spring housing for any reason, including to study abroad, move to the Dudley Co-op, move off-campus, or take a leave of absence, you will need to submit a housing cancellation form for the spring 2018 semester via the housing portal. The deadline to cancel without financial penalty is November 6th.
- It is the student’s responsibility to cancel his or her housing. Receiving approval for a voluntary leave or study abroad program does not automatically cancel your housing.
- Be sure to complete the Returning Student Application via the housing portal by the appropriate OSL deadline for the semester you plan to return. This form allows us the guarantee you college housing, and we would hate for you to end up on the housing waitlist!
- If you intend to take a leave or study abroad be sure to notify the Resident Dean’s Office by emailing Michael at Dunsterhousedean@fas.harvard.edu, and Diana at email@example.com.
Spring 2018 Inter-House Transfer Application: Deadline November 6
- Spring 2018 Inter-House Transfer applications can be found on the housing portal.
- The College allows current juniors and seniors to apply either as individuals or as groups of 2.
- If you are granted an Inter-House Transfer after submitting an application, you are required by the College to transfer to your new House.
- Applying for an Inter-House transfer does not guarantee you will be accepted in your desired House(s).
- Detailed information about the application process can be found on the OSL website,