Room Reservation Rules
- Remember to keep checking the scheduler to make sure your event has been approved. Grey = pending. Red = approved.
- All weekday requests require 24 hours notice prior to the event.
- All weekend events must be submitted for approval no later than 5:00 PM on Thursday so House coverage can be coordinated.
- All Monday requests must be submitted no later than 3:00 PM the previous Friday.
- Rooms can only be reserved 1 month in advance.
- When the University offices are closed on a Monday, Tuesday requests must be submitted by the previous Friday at 3:00 PM. For a list of University Holidays, please see the FAS Registrar Calendar.
- The Common Spaces listed below open at 6:00 AM and close at 11:00 PM; see the Common Spaces page for details.
- Only recognized student organizations can book House space. A list can be found here. (This excludes Tutor- and House-sponsored events.) If your event has not been approved, your student organization is not allowed to meet in the space.
- Private parties and events cannot be held in House common spaces.
- Any event or meeting involving alcohol needs to be registered with the Office of Student Life and submitted in the scheduler a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- Interhouse Dining restrictions apply to student groups during restricted dining hours. (For example, if you are hosting a Monday night dinner meeting, your non-Dunster attendees will not be able to swipe into the Dining Hall). A list of dining restrictions are posted on the front page of the Dunster website.
- No common spaces can be reserved during community dinners. (Thursdays between 5:00 and 7:00 PM.)
- Please meet your guests at the entrance and escort them to the meeting room. This is not the security guards’ responsibility.
- No recruiting events are allowed in the Houses. Please contact OCS for assistance in setting up these events. Please contact OCS before hosting any career-oriented guest-speaker events.
- To submit a request for dining services to assist with your event, please contact Kelley Lowrey and Rachel Barbarisi.
- The common spaces cannot be scheduled during the reading/exam periods, or during University Holidays, including the following time periods: Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Recess/Break, Spring Break.
- All groups are required to leave the space in good condition – this includes disposing of any trash and ensuring the furniture is put back in the correct spots.
Please note that priority will be given to House/Tutor scheduled meetings and events. Every effort will be made to avoid conflicts. When possible, alternative common space may be offered.
Please be courteous to our House members and remember to include preparation and clean up time to your events.
The Courtyard Lounge is available as a lounge and study space only. It cannot be scheduled for student organization meetings or private student events. No food/drink is allowed in the space.
These rooms are not equipped to support a cappella or dance activities. If you are interested in finding additional space to rehearse, please consider contacting the SOCH. The Dunster music practice rooms are located on the basement level, and are available for individual or small group practice between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
If a space is not available for your event, space may be available at the SOCH.
|Room||Availability||Comments Seated Capacity|
|Junior Common Room (JCR)||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed 28|
|Small Dining Room (SDR)||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed 18|
|E104||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed 18|
|E105||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed 8|
|E109||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed 10|
|W024||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed 14|
You must be logged in to view this content. Log In
If you experience issues logging into the website (for instance, if there is a blank space here), try using a new browser (such as Internet Explorer) or using ‘incognito mode’ (Chrome) or ‘private browsing’ (Safari, Firefox) and then log in.
If the room scheduler does not appear, and you are logged in and using Chrome, make sure Chrome is not preventing scripts from running on this page.