Room Reservation Rules
- Remember to keep checking the scheduler to make sure your event has been approved. Grey = pending. Red = approved.
- All weekday requests require 24 hours notice prior to the event.
- All weekend events must be submitted for approval no later than 5:00 PM on Thursday so House coverage can be coordinated.
- All Monday requests must be submitted no later than 3:00 PM the previous Friday.
- No food is allowed in the common spaces except for the Small Dining Room. (This excludes Tutor- and House-sponsored events.)
- Rooms can only be reserved 1 month in advance.
- When the University offices are closed on a Monday, both Monday and Tuesday requests must be submitted by the previous Friday at 3:00 PM. For a list of University Holidays, please see the FAS Registrar Calendar.
- The Common Spaces listed below open at 6:00 AM and close at 11:00 PM; see the Common Spaces page for details.
- Only recognized student organizations can book House space. A list can be found here. (This excludes Tutor- and House-sponsored events.) If your event has not been approved, your student organization is not allowed to meet in the space.
- Private parties and events cannot be held in House common spaces.
- Any event or meeting involving alcohol needs to be registered with the Office of Student Life and submitted in the scheduler a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- Interhouse Dining restrictions apply to student groups during restricted dining hours. (For example, if you are hosting a Monday night dinner meeting, your non-Dunster attendees will not be able to swipe into the Dining Hall). A list of dining restrictions are posted on the front page of the Dunster website.
- No common spaces can be reserved during community dinners. (Thursdays between 5:00 and 7:00 PM.)
- Please meet your guests at the entrance and escort them to the meeting room. This is not the security guards’ responsibility.
- No recruiting events are allowed in the Houses. Please contact OCS for assistance in setting up these events. Please contact OCS before hosting any career-oriented guest-speaker events.
- To submit a request for dining services to assist with your event, please contact Maureen Russ and Rachel Barbarisi.
- The common spaces cannot be scheduled during University Holidays, including the following time periods: Thanksgiving Break, Winter Recess/Break, Spring Break, and Reading/Final Exam Periods.
- All groups are required to leave the space in good condition – this includes disposing of any trash and ensuring the furniture is put back in the correct spots.
Please note that priority will be given to House/Tutor scheduled meetings and events. Every effort will be made to avoid conflicts. When possible, alternative common space may be offered.
Please be courteous to our House members and remember to include preparation and clean up time to your events.
These rooms are not equipped to support a cappella or dance activities. If you are interested in finding additional space to rehearse, please consider contacting the SOCH.
If a space is not available for your event, space may be available at the SOCH.
|Room||Availability||Comments Seated Capacity|
|Junior Common Room (JCR)||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||No Food 24|
|Small Dining Room (SDR)||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed 18|
|E104||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||No Food 16|
|E105||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||No Food 10|
|E109||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||No Food 10|
|W024||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||No Food 14|
You must be logged in to view this content. Log In
When logging into the website, please try using Google Chrome.
If the room scheduler does not appear, and you are logged in, make sure Chrome is not preventing scripts from running on this page.