Dunster room reservations can be made online using the Room Scheduler. Rooms can only be reserved by Dunster affiliates and reservations are approved on an individual basis by the House Administrator.
Please note that Quiet Hours for all of Dunster House are:
Monday through Thursday: 11:00 PM – 8:00 AM
Friday through Sunday: 2:00 AM – 8:00 AM
There are common rooms located throughout the house. They are accessible to Dunster House students 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Dining Hall, the Junior Common Room (JCR, E101), the Small Dining Room (SDR, E 102) can be reserved, as can other rooms. The hours when these rooms can be reserved are as follows:
|Junior Common Room (JCR)||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM|
|Small Dining Room (SDR)||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM||Food is Allowed|
|E104||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM|
|E105||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM|
|E109||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM|
|W024||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM|
The person or organization making the reservation will be responsible for clean-up and for any damage to the room. Clean-up should commence immediately following the event. All trash must be appropriately disposed of and furniture returned to the original configuration.
Dining hall use must be scheduled and approved through the House Administrator. If approved, the responsible individual must secure and fill out the necessary party forms for both Dunster House AND Harvard College. They must meet with the House staff to discuss use of the room, furniture moving, cleaning, etc. A $500 deposit is required.
Alcohol is not permitted in House common spaces except for pre-approved House events. Outside photographers are not to be given entry or permitted to take photographs anywhere in Dunster or any Harvard undergraduate house.
There are practice rooms on the basement level of the House, each available for individuals to use 7 days a week from 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM. The pianos are tuned periodically.
Music Room Guidelines:
- Practice rooms can be used by any Dunster resident
- Rooms are available for individuals 8:00 am-10:00 pm everyday during the school year. Rooms are normally locked by the security guard outside those hours. Nobody should occupy the rooms outside the normal hours even if the rooms are accessible.
- Hours are more limited during reading and exam periods.
- The rooms should be kept tidy and clean, and close the door behind you.
- The exercise room at the house will be accessible between 6:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. 7 days a week.