Each December, Dunster students elect two HoCo Co-Chairs, one Secretary/Treasurer, one Publicity Chair, one Administration Chair, and two Social Chairs, who serve for a 1-year term. Dunster HoCo is responsible for working with students and staff to promote, organize, and enhance Dunster traditions, and plan House-wide social events. HoCo also works to institute new ideas and practices that reflect the diverse and growing interests of the changing student body. Annual Dunster events include:
- Fall Hoedown: Celebrate the start of fall with music, games, food, and a petting zoo!
- Harvard-Yale Tailgate: Food, drink, and music all day at the Game.
- Winter Formal: A break from the pre-vacation grind to dance the night away.
- Super bowl Watch Party: Wings, Dips, Commercials, and Football!
- Freshman Welcome: A delegation of Dunsterites trek to Annenberg, complete with Moose suit and Dunster flag, to welcome new Meese who have just won the housing lottery. Later, freshmen are welcomed back to the House for celebratory events including an ice cream bash and scavenger hunt!
- Goat + Roast: A long-standing Dunster tradition that includes a goat petting zoo, barbecue, and of course food, drinks, music, and games.
- Spring Formal: Dunster’s most elegant event. We bid farewell to graduating seniors and welcome the freshmen who will join us in the fall.
Other regularly scheduled events include Stein Clubs, courtyard movies, candy grams, and seasonal cookouts. HoCo works all year to plan these and other events, and always welcomes new ideas, suggestions, requests, and student participation!
2020-21 HoCo Co-Chair
Hi Dunster! I'm Dylan, a junior studying Physics and Computer Science and I'm super excited to be your HoCo chair! Besides the handwashing stations in our sparkling clean dining hall, my favorite parts about Dunster are watching the sun set over the Charles River while studying in the library, beating friends at squash in the gym, the Grille, and meeting all the diverse and interesting students living in Dunster (especially the other Dylan also studying Physics and Computer Science). Dunster House faces a new challenge with the upcoming online semester, but with one of the strongest house communities, it won’t be a problem. I have lots of ideas, and I'm sure you do too! Reach out, and we can make it happen. Here's a photo of my blockmate Isabelle and I at the first event we organized, an ice cream bash for nearly 100 meese + friends of meese.
2020-21 HoCo Co-Chair
Hi Dunster! I'm Leslie and I am currently a sophomore studying Government and Studies of Women, Gender, & Sexuality. I am super excited to be one of your co-chairs this year! During my first-year, I visited Dunster a couple of times and absolutely loved its courtyard and amazing views of the river. I am from Southern California and in my free time I enjoy ATV riding, exercising, and watching new shows. I know that this year has been quite difficult, but I am excited to find ways to keep our community engaged!