The Student Kitchen (W022) is located on the basement level of Dunster House and is available to Dunster students on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To access the space on weekdays, and between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. on weekends, check out the key from the Building Manager's Office. The door is kept unlocked on weekends between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. when the guard's office is closed. If it is locked for any reason during this time, please call the Securitas Alpha station (617-496-9370), and they will dispatch a guard to unlock the door.
Be sure to carefully review the guidelines below prior to use, and abide by all safety protocols when accessing the kitchen area.
Student Kitchen Guidelines
1. Up to 2 individuals can use the kitchen space at any one time.
2. The kitchen is a food prep and storage area only. It is not a designated eating/drinking space. Masks should be used at all times and HEPA filters kept on and running.
3. Thoroughly clean and put back all supplies, utensils, equipment, and dishes, and turn off all equipment immediately after use.
4. Clearly label all food that you store in the student kitchen refrigerator. Put perishable food in the fridge, and throw away all food that is no longer edible in a timely manner.
5. Alert the Building Manager's Office to any issues, including equipment in need of repair.
6. Return the key to the Building Manager's Office immediately when finished so other Dunsterites can access the space!