Please see below for information on upcoming housing dates and deadlines.
If you intend to cancel or return to College housing, or apply for an Inter-House Transfer, set up a time to meet with me (Rachel) by emailing email@example.com, and I can walk you through what this means for you, your roommate(s), and your future housing accommodations!
For comprehensive information on College housing policies, deadlines, and requirements, please visit the Dean of Students Website.
Winter Break Housing Application
- The winter break housing application is open and can be accessed on the Residential Housing Portal.
- Specific information, including eligibility guidelines, dates, and deadlines, can be found on the DSO website,
- The winter housing applicationis managed by the Dean of Students Office, which can be reached for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All students need formal approval from the DSO in order to remain on campus during any portion of Winter Recess I (Dec 20 – January 17)
Spring 2020 Inter-House Transfer Form Due Monday, November 11th
- The Spring 2020 Inter-House Transfer form closes Monday, November 11th , at 11:55 p.m.
- The IHT form can be found on the Housing Portal. (Click on Housing Forms, and then Spring Interhouse Transfer.)
- Current juniors and seniors are eligible to apply as individuals or groups of 2. (Per College rules, students who matriculated to Harvard College as first-year students must live in their assigned House for 2 semesters before they are eligible to apply.)
- If you are granted an Inter-House Transfer, you are required by the College to transfer to your new House.
- Applying for an Inter-House transfer does not guarantee you will be accepted to your desired House(s)
- Detailed information about the application process can be found on the DSO website,
Spring 2020 Housing Cancellation Form (No Fee) Deadline Monday, November 11th
- If you plan to cancel your spring housing for any reason, including to study abroad, move to the Dudley Co-op, move off-campus, or take a leave of absence, you will need to submit a housing cancellation form for the Spring 2020 semester via the old housing portal, HERE.
- It is always the student’s responsibility to cancel his or her housing. Receiving approval for a voluntary leave or study abroad program does not automatically cancel your housing.
- Be sure to also complete the Returning Student Application (really, just a form) via the housing portal by the appropriate DSO deadline for the semester you plan to return. This form allows us the guarantee you College housing when you return to campus, and I would hate for you to end up on the housing waitlist!
- The deadline to cancel your housing without financial penalty is November 11th. Click here to see the fees that apply beginning November 12.
- If you intend to take a leave of absence or to study abroad in the spring, be sure to notify the Resident Dean’s Office by emailing Michael at Dunsterhousedean@fas.harvard.edu, and Diana at email@example.com this is separate from the enrollment process.
Winter Term Move-Out
- The College move-out date for those not approved for winter break housing is Friday, December 20, by 5:00 p.m. (12:00 p.m. for students not-returning for the spring and IHT Students).