Please see below for information on upcoming housing dates and deadlines.
If you intend to cancel or return to College housing, or apply for an Inter-House Transfer, set up a time to meet with me by emailing email@example.com, and I can walk you through what this means for you, your roommate(s), and your future housing accommodations!
For comprehensive information on College housing policies, deadlines, and requirements, please visit the Dean of Students Website.
Spring 2019 Returning Student Application Due Friday, October 19
If you are on-leave, studying abroad, or living off-campus and would like to return to College housing in the spring, you must submit a Returning Student Application no later than October 19. There is no fee if you submit your RSA after this date, but you will automatically be placed on a space-available wait list, meaning the College will not be able to guarantee you a bed-space.
- Fall 2019 RSA forms can be found on the housing portal.
- If you are not currently an enrolled student please note that this is separate from any steps you may need to take for the Resident Dean’s Office in order to re-enroll. Please be sure to notify Michael at Dunsterhousedean@fas.harvard.edu, and Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org of your intention to return as soon as possible.
Spring 2019 Inter-House Transfer Application Deadline November 12
- Spring 2019 Inter-House Transfer applications can be found on the new Housing Portal. Click on Housing Forms, followed by Spring Interhouse Transfer.
- Current juniors and seniors are eligible to apply either as individuals or groups of 2. Applications for groups of 2 are accepted or denied together.
- If you are granted an Inter-House Transfer after submitting an application, you are required by the College to transfer to your new House.
- Applying for an Inter-House transfer does not guarantee you will be accepted in your desired House(s).
- Detailed information about the application process can be found on the DSO website, here.
Spring 2019 Housing Cancellation Form Due November 12
If you plan to cancel your spring housing for any reason, including to study abroad, move to the Dudley Co-op, move off-campus, or take a leave of absence, you will need to submit a housing cancellation form for the spring 2019 semester via the housing portal.
- It is the student’s responsibility to cancel his or her housing. Receiving approval for a voluntary leave or study abroad program does not automatically cancel your housing.
- The deadline to cancel without financial penalty is November 12.
- Check this website for the list of fees that will apply beginning November 13.
- Be sure to complete the Returning Student Application via the housing portal by the appropriate DSO deadline for the semester you plan to return. This form allows us to guarantee you housing, and we would hate for you to end up on the housing waitlist!
- If you intend to take a leave or study abroad be sure to notify the Resident Dean’s Office by emailing Michael at Dunsterhousedean@fas.harvard.edu, and Diana at email@example.com.
Winter Break Housing : Application Open Until November 26 (Late Fees Apply)
- General information, eligibility guidelines, and application deadlines can be found here
- The winter housing application is managed by the Dean of Students Office, which can be reached for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Term Move-Out
- The College move-out date for those not approved for winter break housing is Friday, December 21, by 5:00 p.m. (12:00 p.m. for students not-returning for the spring and IHT Students).